Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

First Post and Trouble in Paradise

After years of reading other peoples blogs, months of considering having my own, weeks of weighing the pros and cons between domain names and templates, and days of writing and rewriting this post -  I am here. Hellloooo world! Or more realistically, hellloooo mom!

First and foremost, I want to use this blog to share with others the products, places, and people that I hold near and dear to my heart, tidbits of random knowledge I have, hone my writing skills, and most importantly to verbalize my thoughts and dreams in order to keep me focused.

But for right, I need to talk a little bit about my current situation since I seem to be asked by the hour about my well being and what it is I'm doing with my life. Which is all well and good, but I could kill a few birds with one stone by addressing everything here. Let's clear a few things up.

1. I am doing quite well. This may not have been the case over the last month or so, but I know that is behind me now.

2. Even though it has been my plan to attend WWU this fall since last spring, I've decided (however last minute) to indefinitely postpone it.

3. This is no way means I do not value my education or my future. Its quite the opposite actually. Because I do value my education and my future so much, I know that I have to set myself up for success and starting college and leaving home so soon, and with out the mental preparedness was not doing that for me.

My only regret is not being honest with myself sooner and saving myself and my family the drama and emotional and physical exhaustion. I'm forever grateful to my friends and my family who take me seriously and support my decision. I really wanted to write about this so maybe other people going through something similar would realize how important it is to be true to yourself and advocate for yourself because life is too short to be miserable if you have the liberty to change things. Follow your gut feeling because sometimes logic can only get you so far.  You aren't doing yourself a favor by doing what you think is the right if your heart isn't in it. Reflection is important. Having people in your life who ask you "Is this really what you want?" is important. Taking care of yourself IS important. And I always find comfort in the fact that nothing is permanent. You don't have to stay anywhere you don't want to be. You can quit your job or shave your head or postpone going to college, and guess what? It will all be okay in the end. Life goes on but it's your choice if you stay
stuck.

                    With love,
                                   Mary Rowles

No comments:

Post a Comment